I make massive quantities of rice every single week, usually upwards of 20 cups (cooked). This amount of rice doesn’t make it easy to get any flavor out of it, and because of this I have tried everything to make it taste like something. Here is my favorite recipe to get the most out of your rice.
3 lbs (6 cups) Jasmine Rice (Or brown if you’re a weirdo)
1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
2-3 Jalapenos (Chopped)
4 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Garlic Salt
3 tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth (optional)
- Heat up a large pot on medium heat with the olive oil or butter in it.
- Add in the garlic, onion, and jalapenos, and saute until brown and translucent.
- Add in the red pepper flakes and garlic salt and stir.
- Add in the 6 cups rice and stir until all of the ingredients are spread throughout it.
- Brown the rice in the pot for 3-5 minutes
- If using broth, add this in now and leave for 3 minutes
- Add in 9 cups of water (8 if using broth) and raise the heat to high. Bring the water to a boil.
- Once at a boil, bring the heat down to a low-medium and simmer the rice for 15-20 minutes or until all water is soaked up and rice is soft (Longer if using brown rice).
- Fluff the rice with a fork, and enjoy!
This makes about 9-10 cups of phenomenal rice.